Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key then the Enter key.
This website has adopted the UK government access key system and all pages on this site define the following access keys:
S - Skip navigation
1 - Home page
8 - Terms and conditions
9 - Contact information
0 - Access key details
- All pages on this website validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H2 tags are used for main titles, H3 tags for subtitles. For example, on this page, JAWS users can skip to the next section within the accessibility statement by pressingALT+INSERT+3.
- There are no
- There are no links that open new windows without warning.
- Link text is never duplicated - two links with the same link text always point to the same address.
- Wherever possible, links are written to make sense out of context. Many browsers (such as JAWS, Home Page Reader, Lynx, and Opera) can extract the list of links on a page and allow the user to browse the list, separately from the page.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive
ALTattributes. Purely decorative graphics are included via the "background-image" property in the stylesheet (see next section).
- This site uses valid cascading style sheets (CSS) for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- WebAIM is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving accessibility to online learning materials.
- W3 accessibility guidelines explain the reasons behind each guideline.
- W3 accessibility techniques explain how to implement each guideline.
- W3 accessibility checklist provides a busy developer's guide to accessibility.
8 Jun 2013
Come along to the fun day 12 noon on 8 June 2013 and you will be raising essential funds for the charities that are involved.
Tickets cost £3 per person or £10 per family of five and include a BBQ. For more information contact Michaela Garnett on 07964457459 or you can follow Michaela on twitter @michaelagarnett or on Facebook @theredlionproject.